Lovely served as a side dish to any Sunday Roast. This goes with any meats and is both Vegetarian and Vegan Friendly!
You may add lamb and turn this into a Green Bean Stew or Bredie.
- 300 g green beans, topped and tailed and sliced as finely as possible
- 1 potato, cubed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) freshly grated nutmeg
- Butter for frying
- Fry onion in a tablespoon of butter.
- Add potato and add a little bit of water to steam the potato.
- Cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add beans and a little water if necessary.
- Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until tender.
- Mash it with a fork and season to taste with salt, white pepper, nutmeg and a little butter. – Enjoy! 🙂