In French “Tripes a la Mode” – My late father’s favorite! My mom made this every 2nd week when we were growing up and I have been asked many times for this recipe. It is absolutely delish! Trust me! Back in the day we did not add the cream of white onion soup powder as it was not available. – Enjoy!
1.750 KG WOOLWORTHS CLEANED TRIPE
1.750 KG PORK TROTTERS
6 MEDIUM TO LARGE ONIONS
4 CELERY STICKS, LEAVES RESERVED
2 MEDIUM TO LARGE GREEN PEPPERS
4 MEDIUM TO LARGE GARLIC CLOVES
500G (2 PUNNETS) WHITE BUTTON MUSHROOMS
LOTS OF FRESH PARSLEY
1-2 PACKETS (KNORR) WHITE ONION SOUP POWDER
250 ML DOUBLE THICK WOOLWORTHS CREAM
ONION SALT TO TASTE
- Pressure Cook Tripe with Trotters 1 Hour 15 mins (1st Ring Pressure Cooker). Rinse. Add clean water to cover.
- Again, Cook for another 1 hour 15 mins. Rinse Well To Clean.
- Add All above Ingredients excluding the green peppers, mushrooms, fresh parsley, finely chopped celery leaves, white onion soup powder, onion salt and cream.
- Pressure Cook another 1 and a ¼ hours, on 1st Pressure cooker Ring.
- Finally add the rest of your ingredients, season to taste. – Lastly stir In cream. Serve on a bed of mashed potatoes.